View Single Post
Old 02-09-13, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidders View Post
A while since we've had a three way tie - well dome to Arthur for getting in first.

There's a bit of a story behind my shot. I've challenged myself this year to enter every fortnightly challenge but I was away at a friend's over the bank holiday weekend and realised that this challenge was due to close on Monday. There I was with no camera or equipment of any sort but I was desperate to keep my personal challenge on track.

So I borrowed her compact, a Panasonic DMC TZ8, rigged up a backdrop with a clothes airer & a black scarf, used another black scarf & the glass top off a coffee table to stand the bottle & glasses on, controlled the ambient light as much as possible by drawing all the curtains. Lighting was from an led head torch & a desk lamp with a snoot made from a pizza box. As an aperture of f5.6 gave an shutter speed of 2.5 secs, a chair with a blob of blutac on top became a tripod. Fortunately I had my laptop, but apart from cloning out a couple of unwanted reflections & tweaking the black levels the shot is basically straight out of the camera.

Who needs £'000 of gear
well done Clive, I love making do with things around the house, and this is a great example of showing us how it was done....very interesting to me, thanks.

and well done DigiDiva for getting this thread going.

Trena
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. : Scott Adams