View Single Post
Old 11-03-08, 12:28

CLARIFICATION: May I clear up one point about this thread. My comments on the Gallery entry for POTW are there and have been modified by me today. I originally duplicated those comments and placed them in the thread entitled "Discussion on POTW" - That entry was deleted by a moderator and we have discussed the matter - the moderator agrees he was a bit hasty but thought my comment too inflammatory. I agree with him and have edited accordingly.
This forum is the BEST photography forum I have come across and I would hate to see us turn into factions or cliques - I have enough of that in my clergy profession.
I believe we all learn from constructive criticism and not making comments is often a way out, but we do not learn from one another or share our experience by opting out - that is why I try and comment on as many pictures as possible.
Photography is a dynamic, living art form - stop learning and it dies or becomes a sterile desert. We will all have our likes and dislikes but we must always be free to share our honest opinions with one another.
The moderators of this forum have a thankless task and we are free to bash them when we like. Duncan gets it right above when he paraphrases my signature - "Moderators choose POTW from what they like - if others like it - thats a bonus" - Thanks Duncan. I think the work they do is admirable and I for one would not wish myself in their shoes - I'm very grateful for all the work they do behind the scenes on our behalf so we can continue to enjoy this forum and learn about our craft. But we are all human and we all make mistakes - I will be hearing confessions after this post. Please continue to ENJOY AND SHARE

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!

Last edited by andy153; 11-03-08 at 12:31.