View Single Post
Old 26-10-09, 23:57

Been doing it for 18 months now, and turning over a reasonable profit from it on the back of our day jobs.

The nerves thing goes away after a while, I find myself getting into a grove with each one and just looking for those shots that stand out.

Dealing with the crowds is a problem, we treat it with humour, mixed in with sarcasm and at times a little bit of rudeness. You always get the one "know" it all or the person who nips in front of you with their box brownie to take that shot. I tend to look over their should and say, nah you don't want to take it like that !!!!

One person even proclaimed to the Bride and Groom, don't worry I've got that photograph, so there is one less you'll have to buy. Ironic when we'd already been paid.

The only complaint we have had so far was from a videographer, who turned up with 4 cameras which filled the front of the church. He sent us a stroppy email, berating us for walking into shot through out the service. How the hell he expected us not to is beyond me.

All I can say is try it, but don't just snap away in the hope it comes right, be different move about, get different angles, think about composition and keeping looking for the candid.

Meet with the couple several times before the wedding and visit the venue several times to get an idea of lay out and lighting in different conditions. Speak to the clergy or registrar to find out where you can go and what they will allow you to do, basically do your home work.

Most important is to enjoy the day, YOU'RE AT A WEDDING AFTER ALL !!!