View Single Post
Old 30-03-06, 21:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
Lenses which could be used,Tamron 28-300,a very clear lens when used with a 300d,a 60mm Macro(not sure as to this one-I have been practising on the dog!!),and the 18-55 kit lens.The 20d has gone off to be cleaned,and the 350d will follow when the 20 returns
My main problem is judging the distance,being unable to crouch down to take shots of bridesmaids(I think the brides 2yr old daughter ,may be a bridesmaid.
Christine,

Two subjects here.

I am not familiar with these lenses but I notice both you and Christine (Saphire) have the 18-55. Ideally you do not want to be changing lenses so that would let out the 60mm Macro. How do these lenses stack up against each other. Distortion / closest focussing / speed.

As you have difficulty crouching down Christine, are you expected to be the only person taking the photographs. If so you really do need to discuss with the bride, her expectations, ie what pics would she like to see.

Touch tricky for me being a guy, ( men often described as being insensitive to these things ) but I would suggest you look at your own wedding pics and look at those that really touch your heart. They will give you as big a clue as any as to what you need to capture from that moment.

Don