View Single Post
Old 20-08-06, 09:38

Firstly take magazine reviews with a pinch of salt. Some magazines are pro film others digital then we come to being Nikon or Canon supporters.

Whilst the D50 has a 6mp sensor and 350D an 8mp these numbers do not necessarily mean resolution, only a sample photo of a test card will confirm which camera will resolve a finer image. Both bodies are each manufacturers base model and each provide a good base into photography.

I would urge you to research lenses for each body as its the lens that will contribute more to photography than the camera. From your motivation I suggest something like a 28-200mm zoom and I also suggest a low cost 50mm f1.8 prime for indoor family stuff.

Take you time as this decision is important as you may find you will have to stick with either Nikon or Canon due to investment in lenses.

I know you may want pushing one way or another but it is you that will have to use the equipment so you should make that decision. I am sure both bodies will satisfy your photography interest.