View Single Post
Old 29-12-07, 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The two go together. Machines are not just dumb hardware - their designers give them very different characterists and part of the game is to find camera and software that were designed by folks with similar thought patterns to yourself. I thought I had done this pretty well with Canon 350D & Digital Photo Professional until I got Nikon D80 and Capture NX; now I know I have really arrived, tho no good pretending that NX interface has been translated well from its (assume) Japanese origin. Until recently mac computers have also made computer use painless, tho since OS 10.2 a policy of convergence with MS and/or catering for illiterate iPoders or something has steadily taken it downhill.
I would not even consider DPP as a image editor Chris. It is however, a very good RAW converter. I would have thought that most people who use it would also use something like CS2 for the image editing. The sharperning, Noise reduction and shadows/highlights recovery is basic to say the least.
I personally use DPP to Crop and tweak the exposure before exporting to CS2 where the real editing begins.
If you have been using DPP as your main editor I can understand why you were dissapointed.

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM