View Single Post
Old 11-02-06, 20:31

Hi Stephen

Changing your CPU will make little if any difference to the rendering speed, your processor already works far faster than the software you're using requires, overclocking will only stir up more problems! You have a bottleneck somewhere, something is tying up your computers access to memory, you may have one or more programs trying to use the same facilities at the same time. Some programs are great at changing files needed by others to run properly. either way it sounds as though your system is totally messed up and requires a re-boot to flush out the crap (if you pardon the expression). As I said previously, Win XP prefers to handle it's own vm, I doubt changing this will make any difference. I would be loathe to do anything radical at this stage, overclocking will solve nothing and buying new equipment is really the last resort, there are several things you can still try. First of all I would try resetting the bios, don't set it too agressively, maximum speed settings are sometimes counter productive and are only really for gamers anyway! After re-setting the bios do a complete 'C' drive reformat and re-boot Win XP, as I said earlier, make sure you have all the latest drivers for your hardware and have backed up all your files etc. I think this is the only way to go.

Incidentally, have you tried Phase One Capture One v3.7 - ( PM me! ).

nirofo.