View Single Post
Old 28-12-05, 10:40

Default What did Santa bring you?

Ok, now that Christmas is done and dusted for another year, what did Santa bring you? I’m sure there’s plenty of people with shiny new toys so this thread is somewhere to post either:
a) If you got new photographic equipment a picture taken with your new stuff or, in case you didn’t get any new photographic stuff,
b) A picture taken of your new toys, whatever they are.

Any new stuff takes time to get used to so, in the spirit of helping others on the learning curve, it would be useful to see shots that didn’t work, as well as the good ones that did. If you made some mistakes in those first few shots, post an explanation of what you found didn’t work, and how you worked around the issues. There’s nothing to be ashamed of, none of us ever stop learning.

What did I get for Christmas? I got a Manfrotto 679B monopod. What did I learn? That you also need a head and QR plate. Direct attachment is ok as long as you have a rotating collar on the lens but it really doesn’t help if you then stick the short lens on, have to unscrew the monopod, screw it onto the base of the camera (especially if you then find the shot works best in portrait format) . Makes you look like a Ninja Warrior from a distance though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chappel viaduct.jpg (84.4 KB, 8 views)