View Single Post
Old 31-10-07, 21:13

Default Do Not Buy Hp Laptops

In November 2004 I bought HP Pavilion zd8000 with 17" screen, and it was my x-mas treat. A bit more than one year later started my great problems with screen: appeard white vertical strips about 5 cm of width, differend transparency (up to five sometimes, sometimes less), some of them flashing, one completely white, so the icons under were not working. With flasing strips I cannot work for long, it is basically non usable, (viz picture). With this problem the laptop also works very slowly. In Italy they say two years waranty, but FORGET IT!!!
As HP Hepline admit it is a hardware problem and the cost for new monitor is +/- 480 Euro. Naturally I do not want to give HP another money like this as I feel I was robbed enough.

I do not know what to do now. Everybody I know here localy, who bought HP laptop (five people) sooner or later had the same trouble with screens. What would you suggest? Is HP worth a new screen?

I am for years dreaming about MAC... Maybe is time to forget PC and Windows with their Vista... and bite into an Apple? Which one?

Please send me your suggestions.

Susan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wpf-hp.jpg (17.1 KB, 31 views)