View Single Post
Old 10-04-14, 07:50

Thanks for the explanation Clive. Our club had a presentation on just this subject a short while ago and the techniques used by the speaker were very similar except that he used a motion detector to trigger the flash.

My 'up' this comp. is Davy Gibbons Dog Days. I thought the shot was good for subject and has a nice cleanness and sharpness to it. Looking at the tiny bit of water it was a long exposure shot (I couldn't see any exif data to check) in which case it would have been nice to see a little more of that water. I liked the paw prints and puzzled how the dog must have been standing to make that shape!! Nice shot overall.

My 'down' is Clive. I voted for it, it won, not much manoeuvring space for criticism really. I did harbour a thought that all the impression of movement comes from the upper left down into the splash and had the glass been a fraction to the right it could have included more of the left hand splash which is all part of the direction of the action. But I have to say ...it is a cracking image.

Graham