View Single Post
Old 23-03-18, 19:38

Default It's personal for me

The jeep photo was taken at a very well attended 1940's event. It's quite mundane with no particular photographic merit. However, it's very satisfying for me, as the photographer, as I was able to find the only POV that didn't show other exhibits or members of the public. I also had to take out a couple of distractions.

The snowy owl was taken after a 90 minute's drive and a two mile walk (just to get to the bird) carrying binoculars, telescope, and camera, and eating paracetamol for the ache in my hip. I had to digiscope the bird, which meant holding the scope and camera steady in a slight wind. There are better photos of this particular bird on the web, but I'm pleased to have a photo of this rare bird (to UK mainland).

I haven't posted these photos on WPF as they are quite ordinary, but I enjoy looking at them because of the personal story behind them.

So, if I make a negative comment on a favourite photo of yours, please don't get upset: I can only judge what is in front of me - I don't know, and can't appreciate, the story or emotions behind the image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeep.jpg (369.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Snowy Owl.jpg (321.2 KB, 21 views)