View Single Post
Old 07-07-16, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsnapper View Post
Dave598, if your decision is based not on merit, but on somebody deserving their turn, then you should step down.
Birdsnapper, my decision will not be based on somebody deserving a turn but on what postcardcv said the hidden gems. I have seen several this week alone that are as good as if not better than some of the ones that I have seen win the photo of the week. I was trying to make a point because I feel that most of the winners have been those that post a lot of photos and naturally they get seen a lot. Where as you have some people who post one or two a week or one or two a month and they seem to get over looked. I see three or four this week alone so far that are just as good as Tugboats was this week and they are ones that do not post as much as some of us do.

I went back the past 14 days this morning and saw numerous photos that the poster had only posted one or two that were just as good as some of the ones that have one. And let me say this Birdsnapper as a bird and wildlife photographer I can only hope to someday be as good as you are when it comes to catching the beautiful shots of the plants, animals, and birds. So is my choice going to be based on Merit, very much so. But I just feel that those that do not post in sheer numbers should be looked at a bit closer. And that is what I am going to do this week. Because like postcardcv has said there are hidden gems out there.

Dave

ON SMUGMUG

https://dwb-photography.smugmug.com/