Thread: Curves
View Single Post
Old 04-05-06, 21:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
Thanks Pol I have downloaded it and having a play.
Have fun - it can be very addictive once you get going.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures showing what I've been doing with it so far.

They're not 'arty' like the ones from Stephen. What I did was to take a series of shots a different exposures then i merged them to create a .hdr image which I then tone-mapped aiming to bring out the details of both the sky AND the dark areas.

The exposures of the original shots ranged from under-exposed to over-exposed .. with reading taken a) from the sky and b) from the darkest areas -then shooting a short series with 1.5 stop intervals between shots.

What I did *wrong* in the shot of the yew tree was to take too long over the series of shots so the final image shows the movenment in the clouds 'cos I'd underestimated the breeze.

The one in the graveyard didn't have so much cloud movement - but it wouldn't have been possible to get so much sky detail AND church detail if I hadn't shot a series and created the HDR image and the tone mapped it.

Hope that all makes sense.. I'm not exactly techie, nor am I a very experienced photographer.

Two images attached - content is nothing special but they show something of how you can get extra detail in light/dark areas of the same image

Pol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tcyew.jpg (180.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg gryd-tcweb.jpg (185.0 KB, 15 views)