Thread: Curves
View Single Post
Old 06-05-06, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey
Hi Pol,

Thanks for posting those. The church pic really does show how much extra detail you can get. I am having a bit of a play with D-Lighting in Nikon Capture and am amazed at the amount of shadow detail that it is capable of bringing out.

Don
If you, Saphire or anyone else is interested - I'm attaching a screenshot showing the source images and the CS2 'merge to .hdr' interface for the church/graveyard image.

The merged image, seen on the right, was then opened in CS2 then tone-mapped with the photomatix plugin to produce the final image which I'd attached to my earlier posting.

As I said - the content isn't anything special but the opportunity had presented itself for me to set up in a quiet corner where I could try out a series of shots for experimenting with .hdr and tone-mapping.

I used spot metering - took a reading from the sky and a second reading from the darker wall - then took 5 shots with one stop intervals (as seen in the attached source image)

Dimensions are approx. 1000 x 735 pixels as that was necessary to show the full CS2 interface and source images.

Pol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg merged-to-hdr.jpg (133.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by PollyG; 06-05-06 at 10:00.