View Single Post
Old 03-11-07, 07:00

You guys are lucky.
Half of my garage is full of PCs that simply fail to die and I simply can't get part from. My wife has accepted the bitter reality and is no more bothering telling me to get rid of them... I have 386 laptop with window DOS/3.1 windows on it, Packard Bell desk top with the very first internal 1X CD rom (That uses caddy), 286 desk tops, even IBM XT running only on DOS with 8086 processor etc, of course some macs including all classics, on pre classic and many power macs.
Well don't know who is the luckier one, you who get the new computer because the old one died or me that have to live with them all.

Sorry Susan if this didn't help with you posting, but I tend to agree with you that HP does use cheap stuff especially on lower end models. Dell is a bit higher in quality and best used to be Gateway. My Solo 9300 and 9600s are still rocking and quite usable with host of features including optic sound out put, Firewire connection etc. Well they are slow to be used for photo editing but still do well for general work including web surfing.

If you are not happy, there is no guaranty that you get happy with Mac. In fact if you are familiar with the PC platform, you will be in a lot of trouble for first several months of switch and these two platforms sees to talk in entirely different language.

With the price of pc fallen so low (We get about $300 deal quit often for entry level laptop) and yes I am not talking about the famous $100 laptop that is going to be shipped and be sold in third world countries, it is very difficult to resist not to move into new ones when the price of Vista itself is about $100 for the entry level ones.

My advice to you, if you are again going for the pc is to chose a more higher grade level and whichever brand name you choose, don't go for the cheaper entry level models as they are not build to last and internally they all have similar components no mater what the out side box name is. If you go for mac, then best of luck. Be ready to have a deep pocket first and adequate patience, down the road.

Wish you better luck for the next time.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 03-11-07 at 07:12.