View Single Post
Old 14-11-12, 02:06

I find myself with a foot in both camps here. I did like the Lindisfarne picture very much and I do not like the newly promoted winner at all in fact in my view it is not landscape, however:

Extract from the competition rules:
"Banned editing procedures include removal of fences, moving trees and stripping in sky from another image. "

Apparently this is what Byrne did. The sky is false and therefore breaks the rules. He also says that he cloned out some unwanted boats and further states that, ‘I did not remove anything that was fixed down and if you stand in that spot my photo is what you will see.'

Interestingly, he admits to not reading the rules before entering the contest. Writing on his website after being stripped of his title, he said: ‘While I don't think what I have done to the photo is wrong in any way, I do understand it's against the regulations so accept the decision. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.'

What to say? He did break the rules and admits doing so. I say what a shame, it was a lovely image, he was not cheating, just ill-informed and I wish him well after his disappointment.