View Single Post
Old 01-12-09, 17:11

Personally I don't keep any that are not in my opinion technically and photographically good, or have a story to tell. Having said that, even the story tellers have to be what I term useable! I ruthlessly erase all non viable RAW files, I make large TIFFS (16 bit) and small JPEGS suitable for the web out of the best ones I have selected. I then save the RAW files to DVD complete with a text file depicting what the contents are, (I don't rename RAW files) and delete them from the hard drive. The TIFFS and JPEGS are saved onto DVD with titles and a text file, they are also left on the hard drive in subject named and dated folders. I don't remove these files until the hard drive starts to become too full, that is approx 3/4 full, that's a lot of files on a 250gb partition (I can afford to lose them because they are all backed up). As soon as I've downloaded and saved all the RAW files onto hard drive and DVD I format my Compact Flash cards, I make sure that's the first thing I do after a shooting session. I never go out with a previous session still on the Compact Flash card, that's a recipe for disaster.

nirofo.