Thread: Curves
View Single Post
Old 04-05-06, 14:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Ah yes, I'm still experimenting with this, but its something I see great potential in. If you want to know more you could try here http://www.hdrsoft.com/resources/dri.html#tone_mapping

I personally feel that what I have done is more of a conceptual thing, I am not trying to play by the rules so to speak, rather I'm pushing the bounds of what the program can do, just to see what happens.

By the lack of comments it would appear that people here are not too keen, are not prepared to open their minds to it, or simply are being polite and not offering any input for fear of offending. Frankly I wonder if the critique forum is the best place, but thats another issue I'm struggling to come to terms with on this site

Just as a further offering though, this is another test with the tonemapping plugin from Photomatix, Ipersonally think there are great possibilities

I love this. Did you start off by generating a new .hdr with a few repeated and varied 'tweaked exposure' copies from the original - or did you do it purely by several repeats of just the one 16bit image (without the nedd/use of any further repeated copies and a new .hdr).

I haven't tried pushing the tone mapping on anything yet but I'm keen to give it a bash as soon as I feel i have a suitable image to work with.

Pol