View Single Post
Old 22-05-07, 12:06

I have FZ-30 and D-70, Recently I started to take picture of fly pigeon ( just to try my hand in something diffrent).Well what I experienced is this:-
1) Both the cams need to be set in manual mode , even focusing( I set it to predetermined point where I feel the pegions are more likely to come.) Now difficult part.Manual focusing ,at least for me, in FZ-30 is irritating ( may be not used to that kind of setting ,like using a small botton for foussing >most of the time focusing ring come to hand then you had it,one lage thing image comes in EVF which does not go immediately.& I just watch my best shot being flying away, for which I have waited for hours, GOD ,sometime is not fair with me).Whereas D-70 focusing is just like breathing to me ,Effortless & smooth.
2) now the Time to press the Shutter,This is the most interesting part,Keep it half pressed ,Let say the bird has come to frame- fully press the button immediately,You will see some fluttering image on EVF ( all confusion),Press immediately for 2 nd time just to ensure some good shot,FZ-30 wont respond.
But in D-70 is just at the point where I wanted >Click done...Next click done at least I get 2 frames one after another.
3)FZ-30 shut down after 1 min, even if you keep the shutter half pressed after one min.( OK.Ok I know there is setting to increase the time, but you lose the bettery power more faster, good feature but does not work in given situation),Release again re-press,by the time, you will lose few more shots,
4) But one thing I do admit if by lucK (PLZ note I said by LUCK) a good shot has caputered by FZ-30 then it is razor sharp,,D-70 is not lagging behind
Conculsion of mine:- FZ-30 best to use in sitting bird <You get lots of time to compose and get a very beautiful image, if it is an action I think nothing beats DLSR