View Single Post
Old 27-01-09, 17:02

I really appreciate both Joe's and Rudra Sens' input and advice, sadly I don't have a lens that I can get open to f/2.8, f/3.5 is the best I've got with the smaller lens, I might give this a try tonight and hope that some of the action comes my way. I wish I did have a f2.8 lens and may have to convince my wife that I need another lens at some point in the future.

Anyway, it has been a beautiful day here so I took myself off to the coast to practice a few shots in what are my usual comfort zones. I just set the ISO, let the camera sort the f stop and I manually focused, although not action I'm delighted with todays results.

Here are two photos that show the difference after taking some of the previous advice. The first swan is the jpeg after convertion from RAW, the second is a crop of the same picture, the same goes for the second two images. I feel much happier with my investment this evening after feeling quite depressed about it on Sunday before I joined this forum. Thanks one and all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swan 01.jpg (317.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Swan.jpg (356.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Aldeburgh 01.jpg (114.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Distressed 01.jpg (155.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Trevor; 27-01-09 at 17:07.