View Single Post
Old 28-05-07, 19:44

There is no problem running dual core processors in Windows XP providing your running SP2, it's by a mile faster and easier to work with than that latest load of bloatware from Microsoft. I still wouldn't touch Vista with a barge pole, at least until SP1 is released, even then I would need to do a lot of work removing the unecessary software bits I didn't need and do serious tweaking to get it to run the way it should straight out of the box. Nearly everything on your computer runs slower, that's if you can get it to run at all, even with the latest all singing and dancing hardware! It needs and demands masses of memory, (1GB at least) to get anything decent out of it and as you have already found out, Capture NX and Photoshop doesn't run well on Vista. For peace of mind and large cash savings stick with a PC loaded with Windows XP Pro SP2 and at least 2GB of memory. AMD AM2 Dual Core or Intel Dual Core processors, it doesn't matter which, either is more than capable of handling anything you can throw at it, (AMD's cheaper). I'm still using an AMD Barton Core 2.8Ghz and 2GB of DDR1 memory with more than adequate results on NX and Photoshop. Oh yes, and I can still download e-mails.

nirofo.

Last edited by nirofo; 28-05-07 at 20:14.