View Single Post
Old 12-08-06, 02:18

Hi G B-S

I don't use Photoshop 7 anymore, I now use CS2, however, I believe the method of changing the size of an image is still the same in all versions.

First open your preferred image, click on Image on the Tools Menu, select Image Size from the drop down menu.

Now if you want the proportions of the photo to remain the same but just want to increase the size, make sure you have Constrain Proportions and Resample Image boxes ticked.

In Document Size enter the new size you would like the photo to be, (only change one dimension).

If you are resizing for the web leave the resolution at 72, if you are resizing for printing, then resize to a minimum of 200 pixels/inch, preferably 300 pixels/inch.

If you don't want to keep the original proportions then you will need to untick Restrain Proportions and enter both sets of dimensions in Document Size.

When you have done this your file size will have increased also, make sure you have enough space on your disk, then save your new sized photo with a new name, that way you won't lose your original file.

Hope this helps.

nirofo.