View Single Post
Old 12-08-06, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adey Baker
It just needs adding that the amount of interpolation you need will affect the final quality of the image.

There are software programs available such as 'Genuine Fractals' that claim to make a better job of it than the basic interpolation in PS but all must, by definition, lose a bit of quality somewhere as they're all sort of 'stretching the original image and adding bits in' to make it bigger.
I agree there will be some loss as you are adding pixels that did not exist in the origional and these are only an estimate by the program of what it thinks should be there.

I have used Genuine Fractals and with my very poor knowledge of pp at the time managed results that amazed me. This is a link to an earlier posting in the RAW or JPEG thread. http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...p?t=662&page=8 Post 73

I have tried increasing size in standard imaging program in 5% increments with good results but that takes ages as lots of steps involved. All a long time ago now, so I would have to revisit the subject afresh to be any real help.

Don