Thread: DIY Ringflash
View Single Post
Old 31-12-06, 16:27

Find of the day, I went out today to find some sort of bowl to make my macro flash ring, I ended up in the shop (If you can call it a shop) Wilkinson's and came across an aluminium down light shade, It was on sale for £4.00, but as it was the only one left on the shelf and there was a small dent in the side so I got it for £2.00 yes £2.00. I have now cut the back (junior hacksaw)
to fit the FZ30, I now just need some sort of tube in the middle and need to cut a slot for the flash unit (I need to buy a hot shoe cable) so the flash unit will reach. There were 2 sizes of shades in Wilkinson's the bigger one was £6.00, I still think that is a good price, as it already reflective and does not need any silver foil inside. So people go out get your selfs a bargain
Don't take any notice of the material in front, That was me messing about.
The second photo shows a temporary tube (made from cardboard) the inside has black tape on the inside of it and the outside has foil wrapped round it. All I need now is the courage to cut a slot into the unit to take the flash. That a tomorrow job. As I'm feeling a lot better I'm out tonight to make up for all the drinking I missed out on while I was ill. Happy new year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flash bowl.jpg (171.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg ring flash.jpg (150.1 KB, 37 views)

No amount of security is worth the suffering of a life lived chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.

Lelsphotos

Last edited by Lello; 31-12-06 at 18:15.