Thread: Jessops doomed
View Single Post
Old 22-06-07, 00:21

Joe I am sure that fellow members will join me in hoping for the best for you. I have been there and worn the teeshirt

It is a sad day for loyal staff and customers of Jessops. My comment was based on that the writing was on the wall six months ago despite Jessops smoke screen. I feel Leif's comment about over expansion is valid. How many companies have we seen fall into that trap?

I suppose the 64 dollar question asks is there any future for the high street camera shop ? I would like to think there is as I would prefer to get good advice, a fair price and good service from a local trader. But that's another story. The market place is constantly changing and you have to be lean, fit and flexible to keep pace.

At the end of the day it's about keeping the customer happy by providing their requirements, the customer paying for the goods and services plus making sure your covering your overheads. It's amazing how many companies lose sight of these simple things.

Restructuring provides a quick fix but unless the real problems are resolved it surprising how quickly your back to square one.

Coming up with Pipe dreams and throwing money at the problem often just prolongs the agonies.

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated