View Single Post
Old 06-02-07, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions I am running XP its was a new installation in Dec and up until last week I never had a problem. Its possible I have everything set up tight and thats why its coming up with more warnings and asking to allow the connection which I don't. I have just about checked everything, Hijack hasn't come up with anything suspicious I had forgotten about that program so thanks steve2005 for the reminder. I have even done a complete search for my any credit card No that could be hidden in a file and found nothing, which is a relief.

Hi Saphire

Like I said, it is likely, especially as your XP is a new install, that Windows update has logged on to Windows updates web page to find the latest updates for your XP and is trying to download/install them, it does this in the background and only lets you know when it has what it thinks is updates you should have. If this is so you should see an icon appear in the bottom right of the taskbar, if you right click this icon there should be something in the menu to disable the update. If I were you I would disable windows automatic updates altogether, most of the stuff you don't need anyway!

Try this link for a utility to download Windows updates independantly.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...wnloader.shtml

nirofo.

Last edited by nirofo; 06-02-07 at 15:02.