View Single Post
Old 18-08-07, 18:58

I agree with what Duncan says....there is nothing fundamentally wrong with current Pentax models, but their marketing ans sales team do need a good kick up the behind as far as DSLR's are concerned.
From my own experience it appears that Pentax make quite a lot of kit that isn't neccessarily branded as such....maybe there's more money in it for Pentax to supply optics to various other electronics giants like Casio, Samsung, Hitachi, Matsui, Advent etc etc.....and even your local opticians!?
As far as DSLR's are concerned, a K10D is every bit as 'up there' as an LX use to be.....and every bit as under-rated as it too.
Even though I recently changed employers, I still experience most buyers heads full of Canon 400D and Nikon D80 ads. Even after establishing that a Pentax, Fuji, Sony or even an Olympus might be more suited to their photography interests, I still can't help feeling they haven't got the best deal in the world when they leave with yet another Canon in their shopping bag.
Canon are the market leaders, with Nikon following close behind...and they are superb brands...but it doesn't mean it is the ideal for every buyer.

Marketing is a powerful thing.