Thread: please respond
View Single Post
Old 27-07-06, 14:06

I have been pretty much keeping up with this thread. Its something along the lines of my own feelings, and I can remember not that long ago expressing similar thoughts along with Tannin.

The Gallery for me is simply a place where people are getting free webspace to store and share their images. It does not seem to be the place where much meaningful comment goes on and consequently I don't post images there.

It would seem to me logical that if you want to get meaningful comment/critique then the Gallery is not the place to get it and I would reserve those pics for the main forum and esp the Critique board.

Personally I would like to see a few new boards started for say Landscape, B/W, wildlife/Fauna, Flora, even street photography. The fact is though that the vast majority of peeps who contribute to the forum are birders, plane spotters, or flora/fauna shooters. Then there are the gear freaks (no offence meant) just look at their galleries lol

Its just a POV but when I do post a photo I want to know what people think of it and why, what feelings it stirs and whether they think it works or not, however I'm not bothered if someone thinks I should bin it.

If you want critique related to accumulating points or a score, then you should join Photosig, though there is an option of these vBulletin forums to rate a thread