View Single Post
Old 03-05-07, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
I have been looking for adaptors to reverse a lens, and e-bay is probably the cheapest option by significant margin for Canon mount. I do not know why, as this price disparity is not so evident for Nikon mount. As you have a mount from your bellows it may be possible to do an electrical tape job to that. Perhaps you could post a pic of your adaptor.

Don
I have only just found this thread and I am impressed by your squidgy insect shots. I can't say that I like Aphids given the damage they cause plants. I had some nice Capsicum baccatum destroyed by the devils. But I digress.

Regarding a reversing adaptor, it depends what you want to do.

If the idea is to reverse one lens, so that the filter end mounts onto the camera, I know that Nikon make one. It is a BR2 if my memory serves me well. Also Jessops (eeek, the seven letter word) sell them, as I bought one and it works. I am sure the Nikon one can be bought new and cheap from FleaBay. Also Speed Graphic are very good for hard to find odds and sods. I think you have a lathe, and you could make one from a body cap, drilled out, and glued to a step up ring.

You might also have meant mounting a reversed lens in front of another lens. I tried that by taking two step up rings, and gluing them together. That is somewhat of a bodge, but it works. I am not sure if it matters if the optical axes are not perfectly aligned.