View Single Post
Old 28-01-10, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1994 View Post
................ RAW will be replaced sometime in the not-so-distant future, when someone comes up with something better.
Alex,

I am up for discussion in between stops in the workshop. Plenty of time to think on boring milling jobs.

Just a quick one from a read through of this thread.

RAW ..... this is not a file format as such. Each manufacturer has a file format that is associated with the file that stores info from the sensor direct with NO in camera processing. As long as there is digital capture there will be demand for this. Adobe came up with DNG ( I think I am right ) as a format that they hoped would become a standard but that has not happened yet. I use Nikon and that is written in NEF format. No real worries about that being replaced into the future as I am sure my NX software will still run. However all my best stuff is saved after editing as Tiff format. Now I am certain that has been around as a format for years ( Rob will know ) and will continue into the future due to the number of photographers that have librarys of stuff in that format.

Don