View Single Post
Old 21-04-08, 16:44

Nice ones Harry. Stevie cringed at the wildlife.

For Lello and others I have had another go. Pushing the boundarys a bit but then I want to do this for free so I'll stick with CZM.

I had a bit of a problem trying to do the lathe. I needed a 28mm lens to get it in, and due to the inherently wide dof manually focussing accurately along various points that I could later identify for this post was a nightmare. So an alternative subject had to be found where I could mentally note the focus points between frames, hence this choice of currently completed workshop projects. Repaired ballhead, rotating base and stub centre column on Manfrotto 055 tripod.

Manual refocussing of the lens between frames was chosen as opposed to my Micro plate. This was to confirm that it could be done for the benefit of those without such a plate. Aperture was kept to a shallow f8, again to check the effect over a subject with a depth of 130mm. 9 focus points over 130mm of depth is probably the fewest I would currently recommend. Camera was set to jpeg medium fine again to replicate a fairly worse case scenario for those that do not use RAW. ( I can sense Foxy's thoughts from here. )

Attatched images :
1) Image with explanitory notes
2) The first frame at focus point 1 to show dof at f8
3) The final stacked image

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stack info.jpg (88.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg First frame.jpg (47.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Final-Stack-of-9-frames.jpg (124.8 KB, 21 views)