Thread: IR on the CHEAP
View Single Post
Old 12-05-09, 19:43

I've been waiting for some decent IR weather before replying to Dons post re. shutter/aperture settings. These are printed on the photograph, but Exif should be available on each photo

Well this evening the sky turned a reasonble blue, so I popped outside and fired of two shots.

The first two are taken from my front garden with the sun shining in the wrong direction. The photo is facing North with the sun in the East.

The second is taken a short distance up the road from me. Here the sun is more or less behind me (the best place for IR), but shaded by the nearby trees.

In both cases I have uploaded both the B&W and False Colour IR version.

Before taking the photos I created a custom white balance by taking a full frame exposure of the lawn and a second at the church. This is very important for false colour IR and is needed to create the nice blue sky and white foliage.

Processing was Auto Levels + swapping the Red & Blue Channels for the colour version and just Auto Levels for the B&W.

Not the best examples, but hopefully when the weather improves, they will improve.

Harry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Church false colour IR.jpg (181.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Church IR B&W.jpg (199.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Home B&W.jpg (191.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Home false colour.jpg (195.5 KB, 13 views)