View Single Post
Old 17-01-06, 14:19

My own experience so far has been quite good. I was made to feel welcome and as a complete novice encouraged to bring in photos for the competitions whether I thought they were good or not.

As for learning techniques, it's not really geared up that way, though having said that we are having a meeting soon on portraits and still life. It's a bring you camera and tripod and have a go session.

I am one of those people who want to just get out of photography as much as I can and be happy with the photographs I produce. So I use the club for criticism both from members and from visiting judges ( dont take what they say to heart or you'll never take another photo again!).

I must say I dont take it too seriously, or put another way I take it as seriously as I want to! I aim to enjoy the experience and not enter photos for the competitive aspect.

Having said that I find the WPF the best way to discuss all matters simple so I can understand why things are done in a certain way or not and to hear everyones' views.

I have certainly learnt so much since joining the WPF.

Nogbad