View Single Post
Old 18-04-09, 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirax View Post
Im a computer technician aswell i personally i wouldnt go down the Mac route as there is no advantage to it anymore, as Mac use PC components such as Intel and Ati where as before they used there own motarola processors. In my opinion Mac's are over priced beyond believe and for the same money you could buy a lot more powerful machine

Its all down to personal choice when choosing a MAC or a windows based PC. Macs are more stable and reliable than windows based PCs but the cost is a lot higher. Fortunately I bought a Mac Book Pro before the new model was released and I saved myself £250 as the new model was repriced higher.

I use my MAC for all my photo and video needs as it comes kitted out with basic software (iLife) which is really good and easy to use. Unfortunately with windows based PCs you have to pay extra for any decent software.

If you're doing a lot of photo and video work then go for a MAC. If not save the £££ and buy a windows based PC.

Having said that I am starting to use my MAC for more day to day stuff as I get more familiar with it.