View Single Post
Old 21-02-06, 23:11

Question Thoughts on DSLR's future developments

Since the creation of this forum photography as moved from No3 to No1 interest ... been here a few times over the last 40 years. Each time has led to a major kit upgrade. This time though funds are limited so I have spent some time looking at getting the max out of my D100. To upgrade would involve a new PC, maybe new software as well, due to the file sizes involved.

I have spent some time looking at what I can get out of my current kit in terms of resolution and film like quality and comparing info on images available from the latest kit. OK I'm a Nikon guy so have been looking at D2X and D200, but it might just have well been any other brand. From this it appears that the latest cameras are really stretching lens performance now in a way that only the finest grain film would.

Have we now reached the point that modern kit will last in the same way that film cameras did. Manufacturers introducing limited upgrades without users other than ' gear heads ' feeling the necessity to upgrade to this latest kit, just as it was with film based cameras.

Don