View Single Post
Old 01-01-06, 21:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie
On the attached image I arrange two flash guns with the light bounced of several A4 sheets of white paper strategically placed.

Now with my 180mm macro lense this as become childs play, I've not checked the lens to subject distance with this lens, but with the canon I get a working distance of approx 62mm.

Harry
The head detail is superb. You see details in an image like this that you never would otherwise.

Sometimes I have a lunatic day like today and just do something really silly. Hence my post.

Your 180 is probably a really good option as distance will be increased. Nikon do a superb one but megga bucks. I don't do this enough to justify.

If this forum keeps going like it is I will never get time to work on the models.

Whats that sell up and turn the workshop into a photograhic studio.

Too long ago now, but I remember doing in an experimental way what Rod M has done. Experimental as if I remember, I joined the lenses with carboard tube. One hell of a magnification though. Trouble with it all is that the zone of sharpness just dissapears as magnification goes up. I did not post the ball pen shot as too much mag and no DOF. Spent ages trying to focus at a point on a shiny object with a lead lamp in hand. Better taken at lower mag and cropped.

Don