Thread: Mistakes.
View Single Post
Old 09-08-06, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox
Not to mention tight confined space, fantastic opportunity you had there, was one of your photos used on the cover of Shuttleworth programme last weekend?
That's the one, I've had several others over the past couple of years. It certainly went down well, the programme sold out.

The exposure compensation blunder was on an earlier trip with the two Magisters, it was more of a fun trip with a camera than anything serious. On that trip I learnt a few lessons:

1. don't use a neckstrap (it catches the slipstream and strangles you)
2. check all your settings every few shots.
3. plan where the sun's going to be and plan your shots well during the briefing (the pleasure trip didn't go into that level of detail)
4. vary your shutter speeds in blocks so that if the buffeting and vibration is too much for a slow shutter at least you have something to show for a very expensive sortie.
5. have fun - that's what it's all about.
6. don't forget to thank everyone involved for giving you the opportunity.

I had 4 minutes of contact time with the Pup with a gale howling through the open canopy - everything's frantic under those conditions and the possibility of coming down without anything decent to show for it doesn't bear thinking about.

Last edited by Wheeler; 09-08-06 at 20:26.