View Single Post
Old 11-03-07, 22:38

Im always getting funny looks from people as i carry a camera around with me but i dont let it get to me. I think the strangest looks i have had was when it was raining and i had my camera under my coat.

Re talking to other photographers.
I find it relatively easy to strike up a conversation with someone with a camera as we share a relatively similer interest. Oky we proberably dont photograph the same subbjects but we are both photographers. Recantly i have started a course and there are 2 other photographers on the course, one does portraits and the other is an outdoors photographer and we regulay bounce ideas off each other. Weve all passed on ideas and infomation to each other and its alwways nice to see examples of other peoples work. Just recantly i have been advising the portrait photographer on some basic edditing skills and the outdoors photographer some pointers to maybe sell some photos.

Also if im at an event i will often start talking to others there as you never know where it may lead. It may not lead to anything yet but in the future it may come to something. In fact early last year i got talking to someone at Old Warden and he contacted me towards the end of last year about one of my photos and ive just had my first photo printed in a book all thanks just to chatting to one person at an event.