View Single Post
Old 26-04-06, 22:49

Greypoint, thankyoufor that very useful post. We can look up pixels and modes and buttons in reviews and webpages amost anywhere, but it is often difficult to get a feel what a camera is actually like to own and use. You have filled that gap nicely for me.

I remember considering Fuji back when I bought my first 20D, partly because I have always liked their P&S models, aside from their ridiculous fixation on non-standard XD storage, but the S3 Pro was way too dear then. From your post I can see that I'd rather stick to my 20D for bird photography (speed is very important to me for that) but it made me wonder if an S3 Pro wouldn't be better than my current 2nd body (also a 20D) in the landscape and macro role. (It seems to be landscape work that always makes me wish for higher dynamic range; rarely other things.)

In reality, compatibility with my Canon-mount lenses makes the idea impractical for me. But I'd happened to start with a D70 instead of a 20D (as I very easily could have done) and had Nikon mount lenses, I'd be thinking hard right now ..... Sort of like wondering what would have happened if you'd married the other girl, isn't it.