Thread: book list
View Single Post
Old 10-05-10, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfg1mp View Post
I have just started a photography course. the book list seems quite extensive, but some of the titles seem to be quite old. Being at the rate in which technolgy is moving will it matter that the books are 5 to 10 years old.

For example i have already got one of the books, (photos that sell) and although a great book, it talks mainly in film terms, talking about sending transparensies to mags, newspapers etc.
Hi, Have you just started on the Diploma in Professional Photography by any chance? I know that the book you mentioned is part of that course.

As you have said it's a good book but a little dated. The best thing to do is look at what reading material is suggested on your course and then research some titles to see if there are any similar, up-to-date titles on the market.

I run an online photography bookstore so if you want to let me have a list of books you are supposed to be reading I can check to see what titles have been updated or new titles written that are more in line with today's markets etc.

Not trying to sell you anything just helping out as I know just what it's like when you get a course or book only to find out it's so out of date it's next to useless.

Cheers
Alan