View Single Post
Old 28-08-06, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassan
Just about the time for both lenses especially the 50mm 1.2 that on most bodies gives an equivalent of 80mm just the right one for portraits etc.

I wish they could come out with an IS version of Bigma 50-500mm in L series.

Also the price of f/4 70-200mm, if correct as stated, is a bit high IMO as it would make more sense to be close or just under the f/2.8 non IS cousin.

What I am just wondering for not only Canon, but Nikon and VR lenses, is what would their response be toward the very smart approach of Sony in keeping IS / VR inside the body, therefore making any lens IS capable, as put on the new married Sony-body, Minolta-Lens digital SLR, "Alpha A-100 DSLR"
The prices are American RRP and no doubt real world prices will be a fair bit lower. I wonder what the UK prices will be though I am not interested in either.
Canon argue that IS in the lens works better rather like the motor in the lens rather than the body for autofocus. The new 70-200 claims 4 stops! However it does make things expensive buying IS for every lens and I think most consumers would prefer body IS. Reckon Canon did not think of it first and then develop it so are a long way down the lens IS route, maybe they will have to drop the price of IS eventually.