View Single Post
Old 10-12-13, 12:31
Super Moderator

Default Choosing POTW - How It's Done

There have been a number of ways which have been tried for choosing POTW.

The current system is that we have a panel of selectors who each take it in turns on a rota (currently about once every 6 weeks) to chose POTW and post their choice with a few words saying why they liked that particular photo. While the choice of one person each week possibly isn't representative, because each of us perhaps look for different things, we get a variety of styles & types of image winning, and personally I think it has worked well over the past 12 months & would like to see it continue.

Anyone can be on the panel and as the current rota finishes at the end of the year its an opportunity for new members to put themselves forward (and existing member to retire if they've had enough).

You might say "I don't feel qualified to choose" but it is a personal thing, you know what you like. There's no right or wrong answer...

I know DigiDiva has expressed an interest in being on the panel, & when it originally changed Nigel G also expressed an interest but somehow got missed off the panel at that time .

So who would like to join the panel? I will post the detailed mechanics of how it works in the next post for reference & I will be drawing up the new rota over the Christmas so I'll set a deadline for people throwing their hats in the ring of Midnight 24th Dec