View Single Post
Old 01-10-06, 19:26

Default Definitely Park Cameras

Hi

Just seen this thread - can't recommend Park Cameras enough. I have been using them for about four or five years now. They have taken me from the days of having a Nikon 4500, then a Nikon 8800, to my first dSLR (a 20D) and various lenses, and on Wednesday I am picking up an EOS 1D MkIIN.

The guy I deal with there (at Burgess Hill store), Ivan, is really helpful. All the staff are either serious hobbyists, or, like Ivan, work as pro photographers and work at Park a day or so a week just to supplement their income. So they really know their stuff and it is a great place to visit to be amongst fellow photographers and have a laugh and a natter about the latest gossip, e.g. fotokina.

They let you play with bits of kit you might dream of buying one day. For example, Ivan recently let me play with a Canon 500 mm L series lens - the one that comes in a suitcase for those that haven't got one!

Apart from Burgess Hill, they have a store in Haywards Heath (both in West Sussex) but they also do a speedy and efficient mail order service. The web site may not look much compared to Warehouse Express, and Park can tend to charge slightly more, but they will do price matching and as a regular I also get really decent discounts. I don't think you can beat that personal service that you can only get from using a store like Park and I wouldn't use anyone else. They are also extremely good with returns - if I haven't got on with something I've bought, I just take it back - but then that's what you get with a "trusted" supplier relationship.

Check out their site at www.parkcameras.co.uk

Didi