View Single Post
Old 01-02-06, 14:08

Excellent thread and much appreciated having just taken my first RAW photos at the weekend and downloaded RAW Shooter Essentials. I've printed this thread out and will use it a lot I think.

I have to say, being able to process the image and then produce a high quality tiff file is appealing but I did find the whole process very slow and tedious and the resultant tiff files take an age to load up. I also found the resultant tiff slightly softer than I thought it would be. Is this the software? I have the Canon 350D (Christmas present!) and kit lens which I've heard is a bit soft. Could it be that?

I'm starting to think that more often than not I will use high quality jpeg.

I have also got Photoshop 7 but not yet loaded it onto the computer. I've got the basic photoshop elements already on there. Is there much point to loading photoshop 7.0? Will it do lots more? And, when I do shoot in RAW, will it help with processing these files if I continue to use Raw Shooter Essentials for the conversion?

I don't know why, but I am slightly hesitant about loading photoshop 7.0 now I am used to Photoshop elements.

Any opinions gratefully received.

Many thanks

Matthew