View Single Post
Old 06-11-06, 14:54

For those who may be interested - when I have been overseas, I always visit the major art galleries for my books (gallery catalogues of hanging imagesamong others) and/or other sources of help.

Old Masters - among others - have been around for hundreds of years and their principles that apply to painting - re compositions - apply to a cam compposition as well.

You are so fortunate to have those sources available on how to do a composition. I just bought a catalogue of the haning images and sculpture in the Gallery in Dublin this past June and have found it a very useful addition.

Also, for those interested, a site that I use for study purposes is
www.abcgallery.com
By clicking on the letter at the top of the page, (the first letter of the artist's last name) I can then open any thumbnail of any image and study any part I want to learn how to put an image together with the cam.

Another link I found useful on art composition is
http://www.essentialvermeer.com/catalogue/milkmaid.htm
By moving the mouse over the image that is open, it gives an idea what the artist did to put his composition together and why he did it. By going to the previous or next image link in the box on the left, you can do any image in his collection this way.

These are just suggestions only.

Last edited by nldunne; 06-11-06 at 14:57.