Thread: Flash Diffusion
View Single Post
Old 08-01-06, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox
I have been looking for local stofen supplier when I found this comparison between two Stofen, Lumiquest and direct flash.

http://www.toddwalker.net/e20/flashtest/
Handy link Stephen,

It does show how hard direct flash is.

My first system flash was the Vivitar 283 and I had a 45deg bracket that held a large card and gave a slightly softer light than ' Lumiquest, white insert, no diffuser '. Once I got my hands on a Stofen I gave up using this.

There used to be a flash head described as being ' bare bulb ' in which the whole tube was above the flash body and had no reflector. When triggered the light emitted went everywhere. A bit like a lightbulb with no shade. Great for interiors as light bounced everywhere so any shadows were soft. For me the Stofen is the nearest to that.

In this test the ' Lumiquest, no insert, no diffuser ' does well as some light comes from the Lumiquest and some from the ceiling so making the light source really diffused. Very similar to ' Stofen Omnibounce, 90 degree bounce '

So are you still going with Stofen ? I presume its for your SB600. Two guns both with these ....... that will be light everywhere.

Don