View Single Post
Old 31-01-07, 10:27

Rob,
I totally agree with your posting.
However, I should point out that far from me bashing Argos...but for many things it isn't neccessarily the cheapest place to shop, contrary to popular belief....as an example I can recall, about october last year the Panasonic FZ7 was around the £250 mark in Jessops....in Argos they had the same model for £350! I'm sure there must be other exceptions too, and I'm sure Argos must also be cheaper on other things ....as ever, it pays to shop around

People should also be aware of where their internet shopping product is actually coming from, many shops will look like they're UK based....many will arrive on your doorstep with a little customs sticker on it saying 'gift'...technically illegal! (unless it is actually a gift!)....others will simply not arrive, but instead a card through your letterbox stating the duty to be paid and where your local sorting office is to collect it once it's paid....I know of a few occasions people have been stung that way (including myself in the past )

As a footnote...(I'm not going to get into trouble as a Jessops employee for posting this, as it's available to anyone who knows where to look and how to get it, but...)
Many genuine Photographic UK based websites are owned, or atleast have a majority share owned by........

you've guessed it.....

Jessops! (so there's an extra bit of info' to rattle a few cages! LOL)

Last edited by Joe; 31-01-07 at 10:37.