View Single Post
Old 30-03-06, 00:59

Thumbs up

Hello everyone,

Thank you ALL so very much indeed for your very helpful replies.

Well, I think from all your comments that I've now discarded the 70 - 200, thanks.

Jim & Rob - I've already had a 300mm f/4 L IS (great with the 1.4 TC too) which stopped focusing completely after just 6 weeks!
Although, I was very pleased with it, I'm now wondering if maybe I'm being 'told' something about moving on, perhaps...

Roy, Tannin & Peter - I think I'm getting closer to feeling that the 400mm f5.6 prime might just be the one, IF I can get one!!!
I'm a little concerned about it being a non IS, but with the comments from everyone, may just be able to grow with it. I always thought a 300 was going to be too heavy, but had mastered that well....by the time it went kaput!!! Still, it's true, if all else fails and I just can't get used to it,then as you all point out - I could sell it on for the other with IS.

By the way Rob - Wildlife for me is far more in the way of Birds, but everything else that I come across too, but I do see your point.

I've tried to get one on hire Roy, but only get one answer! WExpress haven't got any and aren't expecting a replacement for the 300 for "some time" and blame it on to Canon, but who knows!

Christine - I can't find the Tamron 70 - 500 on WE site, do you mean 200 - 500? However, I really appreciate you points on the (Canon 400) non IS from a female angle

Thanks again everyone, I've really appreciated all your help and advice and thanks for the test run results on yours today Roy. I'll be back and tell you what I got....when I can get it!

Many thanks again,

Sue.