View Single Post
Old 18-11-06, 12:35

Christine,

I have just put my extension tubes, which I know you have, on my 80-200zoom.

Field of view at 200mm 72mm dropping to 46mm at 80mm. That is similar to a 55mm macro but obviously the macro will give far better sharpness across the frame as it is properly corrected for close up work.

28-105 zoom giving slightly surprising results. At 105mm fov is 36mm dropping to 27mm by the time 50mm is reached. I cannot go much lower as lens to subject drops alarmingly. Same comment as above re sharpness across the frame relative to a macro lens.

It does show that you can give close up a go with tubes and a zoom before embarking on a Macro lens spend. I have not done test shots with a zoom attached yet to see how good the combo is in real life.

I have been looking for adaptors to reverse a lens, and e-bay is probably the cheapest option by significant margin for Canon mount. I do not know why, as this price disparity is not so evident for Nikon mount. As you have a mount from your bellows it may be possible to do an electrical tape job to that. Perhaps you could post a pic of your adaptor.

Don