View Single Post
Old 05-07-08, 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
The first macbeth chart on my monitor doesn't look right. the border around all the colors I presume should be black on my monitor its medium grey and it looks like it should have more depth of color and contrast.

The second photo I have added 100% contrast which has made it look good.
Christine,

With both of these images I'd say they are not right. If the bottom left square is supposed to be pure white it's miles out on the first image, looking more like double cream to me. The second image which you say looks "good" it's more like single cream.

The border is distinctly dark grey in both too, but the first image is distinctly lighter than the second with its black point. I'm assuming that the bottom right square is supposed to be black, in the secnd image it's pretty darned close, but the original is distinctly charcoal.

Roski's chart in post number 35 has the white as truly white and the surround looks truly black to me.

As for Mike's comment in post 29, I say a resounding YES. Huey pro makes a HUGE difference to the flat panel screen on my laptop and a major improvement on my VP930 flat screen. At the end of running the calibration sequence, there is a "show corrected" and "show uncorrected" radio button to click. Swapping between these options shows a huge difference with my flat screens.

Just as an aside, you guys are making sure you've removed Adobe Gamma from your startup menus, haven't you?
See this page for imformation on how to do this:
http://support.colourconfidence.com/...id=10&nav=0,11

This is a must if you're running any form of colour calibration software. If you've installed Adobe Photoshop, it's a fair bet you've got Adobe Gamma installed in your startup menu.

Christine, there's a colour checker chart image that comes with Capture One on the install CD, you may find this useful.

Duncan